An important update: creating a magazine, uni update & autumn playlist

Saturday 29 September 2018

So, I have quite a few things to talk about and update you on. Firstly, blog posts may be more scarce over the upcoming months as I'm now in my third and final year of university. Unfortunately, this means a lot more work and contact hours, but, hopefully I'll have some new and exciting content for this blog from the things I'll produce at uni. I do have a few bits that are scheduled that I wrote in advance over the summer but I will still try my best to post fresh content, even if it's just general rambles but please bear with me over the next few months or so.

One of the exciting things I have coming up with regards to uni is a magazine that I am designing, writing and taking all the photography for, for my magazine journalism module. This won't be finished until the end of the year but I will be posting it on this blog in my portfolio tab for you all to read, as well as getting a few professionally published for myself and a few close friends and family. It's going to be hard work but I'm putting my heart and soul into the project so I hopefully reap the rewards in the end.

More importantly, I'm on the lookout for anyone who can help me out in terms of modelling and would be comfortable being photographed for feature pieces in the magazine. Preferably someone who is into street style & quirky fashion and is Manchester based, or who doesn't mind traveling to Manchester (it'll be worth it, trust me;). You would be free to use all the photos yourself as you wish as well as being featured in the mag. If this is something of interest or you'd like to find out more details about the mag, please get in touch with me either by one of my social media platforms at the end of this post or on chloerowland72@yahoo.com.


On a different note, the leaves are turning orange, halloween looms and pumpkin spice lattes are on every Instagram story. Autumn is upon us. Probably the most loved and dare I say, overrated season of all (yes, I said it, I'm definitely more of a summer gal). At the beginning of each season on this blog, I create a playlist containing my top ten favourite tracks at the moment- so, in typical fashion, here is my playlist for the upcoming autumn months.

1. Final Fantasy- Drake
2. February 3rd- Jorja Smith
3. She Don't- Ella Mai ft. Ty Dolla $ign
4. You Should Be Here- Kehlani
5. Super Far- LANY
6. Don't Delete The Kisses- Wolf Alice
7. While We're Young- Jhene Aiko
8. Mariners Apartment Complex- Lana Del Rey
9. BOSS- The Carters
10. Don't Matter Now- George Ezra

Thanks for reading.


Post a Comment