2017 beauty and skincare highlights

Sunday 21 January 2018

With the new year arriving, I dug through my beauty and skincare collection on the hunt for my most-loved and used products of 2017. It's safe to say there is quite a lot, but I have managed to narrow it down to eight must-have products that have been my lifeline throughout the year, and decided to write a post all about them.

1. Zoeva Caramel Melange eyeshadow palette, £18




Ah yes, kicking it off with a cliché, warm toned eyeshadow palette. What can I say? Oranges, browns, golds and coppers were most definitely my go-to colours during 2017. I had previously neglected this little beauty upon purchase, however, rekindled my love over summer whilst in Gran Canaria. Admittedly, I had only taken it with me because it was smaller and more compact than my other eyeshadow palettes but my God, am I glad I took it with me! The eyeshadows are blend-able and pigmented (but still somewhat modest and subtle) and at £18- you can't complain!



This hair care duo has been my holy grail of 2017. Having (regrettably) had my hair dyed bleach blonde- and when I say blonde I mean, pure white- my hair was brittle, dry and pretty much, split end central. Yes, it was a disaster to say the least, and resulted in me desperately trying to get back to my natural hair colour and 'virgin hair' condition at the beginning of 2017.  This relatively decent-priced duo certainly helped with my goal, and now, 10 months on from my hair crisis...I am happy to say my hair feels at least *half* restored. 



I must have been using this foundation since year 11, which is a good four years now. The formula just works wonders on my skin and doesn't feel heavy upon application. I love the fact that this foundation is the perfect amount of dewy- glowing but not sweaty- you feel me?  However, the thing I love the most is the £10.99 price tag- bargain! 



 This was a product that at the time- I didn't actually want to like because when it comes to hypes and trends, I'm the last person to give in to them. However, on a spontaneous trip to Urban Outfitters I spotted it near the till and thought 'Yano what- lets see if you are more than just a pretty bottle.' Safe to say, I was proven wrong. Through autumn and winter, I used this product night and day, rain or shine. It's one of the most versatile products I've ever purchased- I use it to set makeup, refresh my face, calm my skin...pretty much anything goes with this spray!



Finally, the last two products are the most recent loves of mine. In fact, I only bought these in December and they've already managed to creep onto my favourites list for the year. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for drugstore skincare but sometimes, I like to invest in more expensive products to treat my skin. I wouldn't exactly consider these two to be drugstore, but they definitely wouldn't constitute as luxury either in my opinion. The Kiehl's facial cleanser slotted perfectly into my skincare routine. It's gentle but still cleans the face well-with a little going a long way. As for the moisturiser, again, an absolute staple for me. I have always struggled to find a really good moisturiser that makes my skin feel hydrated and glowing. Finally, I think I may have found the one. Similarly to the facial cleaner- a little goes a long way. Which, I suppose is why it's more pricey- the higher quality the product, the less of it you have to use? 

Anyway, enough of my rambling- I hope you all had an amazing 2017! Happy new year (even if it is a bit late)

xx

Where else you can find me:
Instagram: asprinkleofclo
Twitter: chloelouiseyt_
Pinterest: chloerowland72
Other blog: chloelouiserowland
The National Student: chloe rowland
VIVA Magazine: chloe rowland

Post a Comment