Summer beauty edit: in review

Saturday 8 September 2018

It's been a long time since I wrote up a beauty related blog post and as an avid summer lover, it was the perfect excuse to cling onto the last bit of sunshine (even if it its currently pouring it down outside) by writing about my summer beauty edit- a fancy way of basically showcasing what makeup products I reached for through the summer months.


Admittedly, I didn't wear much makeup this summer, nor did I purchase any new products-  but I suppose it can be forgiven, given the fact that we had a bloody hot summer this year. If I had of worn a full face, I guarantee it would have melted off by lunch time. But, nevertheless, lets dive into my favourite beauty products of the summer.

Urban Decay Naked Illuminator, £24

This little gem is the most sparkly, subtle highlight I've ever used. On holiday this was the only highlight product I reached for, purely because I adore the way the light catches it. It's definitely on the pricier side, but the Sleek solstice highlighting palette is also a great, cheaper alternative. The naked illuminator can also be doubled up as a body highlight- a feature I love. I'm definitely over the whole intense, in-your-face highlight trend, I don't feel like it ever suited me, meaning the Urban Decay illuminator is a win-win in my book. 

NYX glitter pigment in 'diamond', £6

How could it be summer without a bit of glitter? After all, it's festival season (not that I've been to any this year *sad face*). The NYX glitter pigments are such good quality and extremely affordable- the perfect combination for anyone on a budget. I tend to use this product for dressier looks such as going out out or for a meal. The silver glitter pigment is laced with pinkish reflective specs which I also think is a nice touch. A little bit of glitter never hurt anyone!


Glossier lipgloss, £10

I was quick to hop onto the Glossier trend when it first hit the shelves in the UK. I was a little apprehensive at first, because from what I'd heard about the brand; it was a mixed bag of opinions. Luckily, I loved everything I bought, but my favourite by far is the classic glossier lipgloss- a trademark product for the brand. I have never used a lipgloss thats so glossy, yet not overly sticky. It also gives my lips almost a glassy look, which I love. Although the product is small, a little goes a long way and the quality is outstanding- making Glossier stand out as one favourite brands of the summer. 

Huda Beauty liquid lipstick in 'bombshell', £18

This matte-finish liquid lipstick has been a long-standing staple of mine. Pinky nudes tend to be my go to shades all year round (yes, even in autumn and winter) as they are the only lip colours I feel suit me well. Overall, if I'm going to reach for a specific nude shade- it'll be this one. Not too brown, not too pale...its just right! The formula is creamy and dries without cracking or drying my lips out; a common problem amongst many matte liquid lipsticks. To sum up, I will never not love this lippie so had to give it a quick mention!



Zoeva caramel melange palette, £18

If you've read this blog before, you'll probably be rolling your eyes- purely because I've mentioned this palette multiple times over the last year or so. Plain and simple; I just bloody love it! The warm tones are perfect for the summer time and even the cross over into autumn plus, the colour payoff is really good for the somewhat small price tag that comes along with this palette. This was the only eyeshadow I brought along on holiday with me and I swore by it. I tend to go for the more subtle eyeshadow looks- nothing too crazy or dramatic so I love to pop one of the peachy shades all over the lid, topped with a light touch of the gold, shimmery shade.

Beauty Blender solid cleaner, £15

Although this post has mainly featured makeup products, I thought I would include my holy grail brush/sponge cleaner seen as it's very important to keep on top of cleaning your makeup brushes as they can harbour all kinds of harmful bacteria! I personally go for beauty blender's own brand of cleaner, but at a steep £15, I'm sure there are cheaper dupes out there for this. The product consists of a solid soap that foams when mixed with water and a bright pink rubber pad to swirl your brushes on. But, no matter what you choose to use, always remember to clean your brushes regularly!


Where else you can find me:
Instagram: asprinkleofclo
Twitter: chloelouiseyt_
Pinterest: chloerowland72
Other blog: chloelouiserowland
The National Student: chloe rowland
VIVA Magazine: chloe rowland

Post a Comment